Finn's home movie

Wednesday 27 August 2008

New beginnings

Like most people when they start a new chapter in their lives there is a little trepidation........and I have this feeling already. Blogging is very new to me. My time is tight and because I work part times hours I have several reservations about how I will accomplish all of this training in the little time that I have. Nonetheless, here I am, doing my first and very basic post in this training session.
When to do it.....that is the question ???
My closed library hours are very precious....and I will have to forgo some general housekeeeping chores to achieve this blog literacy. What happens when I get behind ??? And there is that 2 weeks of annual leave looming !! I can only do my best and try, which is what everyone else seems to be doing okay.
Working alone in a library post has many challenges and trying to focus on this new material with customers is very tricky. Sitting at a computer with headphones and trying to appear totally normal to my customers is challenging, but sometimes I really need to view that blog site....!!
I'm not going to pretend that I will play at home.......hey what little time I have, I actually like to read books in hard copy format, and not to play at the computer, unless I have to pay a bill or email a distant friend.
So there, here's my thoughts today. I'm trying not to sound negative, but I did want to air the feelings that are swhirling around my head. I know there will be positives, for me and my customers.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

What a great start! You have set this blog out really well! I look forward to reading more of your musings and adventures in blogland...

Snow said...

Hang in there. I'm glad I've started this training but yes, other tasks have been neglected at work (and at home). Our pc connection at home is even slower than at work so it's really not practical doing too much of it at home. A couple of times I've phoned other staff for help (hate to bother them though) otherwise I'd go round in circles for too long.

L-Blogger said...

Thank you for your encouragement fellow colleagues....I'm going to get there but slowly.

pls@slnsw said...

Great to see that you have started - some part time workers have taken a few more weeks to complete the course - and that might be something to think about. Make sure you do something each week.

Ellen (PLS)

Deb said...

Good to see you got started. Don't stress about the housekeeping - it always waits for you! Don't forget to ask for help if you feel bogged down.