Finn's home movie

Sunday 2 November 2008

Week 5 and Wikis

I'm doing my homework now and reviewing those reccommended wiki sites. Discovered the book review section in the Bookloverswiki site for Princeton public library and was impressed with links back to the library catalogue and the ability to reserve these items. Not interested in anything Star wars related so gave any serious study of Wooieepedia away. Found travel links in the libraryforlife.org link at the SJCPL subject guides wiki which were very informative. At at another time I may try to see if we have some wikis more relevant for Australian travellers abroad, because anyone who knows me well is aware of my great desire for travel abroad especially to Europe.
Our own library blog has book reviews and the ability for comments to be added, so not sure whether we need to go to the Wiki business side of things, however this is an excellent way to invite participation from our local library community.

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Thanks for your thoughts on wikis,
Enjoy the rest of the course,
Kathleen A.

Vicki said...

You are doing really well! I can't wait to read about the next few weeks - you will love them!